Tuesday 14 January 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

This is a meme hosted every Tuesday by the Broke and the Bookish. Check out their answer here

One of my favourite things to do at the beginning of a new year is to see which books are going to be released over the next twelve months. I'm happy to say that there are a lot of interesting and exciting new books coming out this year. I had a hard time limiting my list to just ten! Here is my list of the ten debuts I'm most excited for this year. I'm curious to know what yours are so let me know in the comments or link to your own Top Ten Tuesday! 



1. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge:
The blurb on Goodreads says this book is a cross between Graceling and Beauty and the Beast. It's a retelling of the classic story that incorporates elements of Greek mythology. Sounds awesome.

2. Confessions by Kinae Minato, translated by Stephen Snyder: This isn't Kinae Minato's first book, but it is the first to be translated into English so I'm counting it. Besides this story about a middle school teacher with a horrible secret sounds both scary and thrilling. 

3. Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen: Another YA fantasy book being compared to Graceling. This one has my interest because the story is centered around trolls which is intriguing. 

4. The Fire Wish by Amber Lough: A fantasy book that takes place in Baghdad and features Jinnis? I want to read this ASAP. 



5. Gilded by Christina L. Farley:
Another fantasy book! But this one takes place in Korea and is based off of Korean mythology and folklore which sounds fascinating.

6. The Fifty-Seven Lives of Alex Wayfare by M.G. Beuhrlen: A book about past lives and time travel which sounds quite compelling. 

7. Red Rising by Peirce Brown: This one is about people who live beneath the surface of Mars! I always get excited when a new YA book comes out that's set in space.

  
8. Glimpse by Kendra Leighton: Glimpse is a retelling of a poem called The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. This poem was a favourite of mine as a child so I'm curious to see how Leighton adapts it.

9. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira: A compelling contemporary about a girl who writes letters to dead celebrities as a way of coping with the difficulties in her life. 

10. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord: Sounds like the perfect summer book about country music, romance and road trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment